KESAB Clean Site® delivers training in state-wide schools
KESAB Clean Site® coordinator, Dick Olesinski delivering environmental toolbox training.
KESAB’s Clean Site® program has partnered with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) to deliver training to the state-wide high school network to initiate best environmental practice during the construction process.
The Clean Site® program is delivered through environmental toolbox induction training to the doorways2construction high school network to ensure environmental management understanding is a key element of a students’ approach to working within the construction industry.
With numerous schools having multiple students from neighbouring schools, the environmental toolbox training delivery has reached an extensive network of schools since 2014, with positive feedback received from teachers and students.
Teachers receive training kits and students are provided with toolbox kits together with Certificates of Completion. The certificates recognise their ability to understand onsite practices to manage and minimise environmental impacts during the construction process, together with undertaking effective actions to reduce and divert waste and litter, recycle materials, protect stormwater systems, control sediment and erosion and general onsite environmental management practices.
KESAB looks forward to continuing to work together with the Construction Industry Training Board during 2015 and beyond to ensure environmental sustainability within the construction industry in South Australia through training delivery to schools throughout the state.
For further information on the environmental toolbox induction training, please contact Dick Olesinski on 0413 750681 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Example of Certificate of Completion provided to students completing training assessments (pdf, 153 kb)
- Brick Works (pdf, 171 kb)
- Building Waste and Resource Recovery (pdf, 453 kb)
- Concrete Works (pdf, 184 kb)
- Delivering to Building Sites (pdf, 6446 kb)
- Diversion of Water & Roof Downpipe Connection (pdf, 895 kb)
- Excavating Your Site (pdf, 632 kb)
- Painting and Plastering (pdf, 170 kb)
- Sand and Soil Stockpiles (pdf, 175 kb)
- Sediment Fencing (pdf, 423 kb)
- Stabilised Entry/Exit Point (pdf, 280 kb)
- Using Less Building Materials (pdf, 595 kb)
- What Building Materials Can Be Recycled? (pdf, 271 kb)
- Water Sensitive Urban Design (pdf, 706 kb)
Excellent & relevant.
Paul Manser Windsor Gardens Secondary College
Very well delivered. Thank you.
Peter Smith Mount Carmel College
Very well delivered and relevant to the construction industry.
Andrew Temple Willunga HS
Engaging presentation, students stayed interested and involved.
Good timeframe. Good range of slides and information.
Steve Shute Yankalilla HS