The Wipe out Waste (WOW) program is a whole school community approach to waste management and learning. The South Australian state-wide program assists all sites, from pre-school to year 12 to:
- improve systems to reduce waste and recover resources in schools
- monitor progress and continually improve resource recovery (waste) outcomes in the schools
- encourage and influence people to adopt more sustainable behaviour.
The program offers professional development sessions, bin material audits and a range of education resources to support waste management.
Check out the ‘Wipe out Waste’ (WOW) Teacher Guide for a step-by-step guide to WOW resources:
- Tips on working together to Wipe out Waste at your site.
- More WOW initiatives to help reduce waste.
- About the free WOW Professional Learning sessions.
- About other KESAB Education services.
For more information and an overview of the resources and support provided, visit www.wow.sa.gov.au