Roadside litter remains an important part of KESAB’s ongoing litter focus. Road Watch is a volunteer community-based program run in partnership with the Department for Infrastructure and Transport. Approximately 100 groups and individuals around the state participate in the Road Watch program. Groups adopt a minimum of 2km of roadway and usually undertake four clean-ups a year. Necessary equipment, including safety gear, is supplied to the groups and after each clean-up, groups report back to KESAB. Road Watch is a great volunteer program for schools, community groups and businesses as it is very flexible and there are no costs involved.
If you would like to join the Road Watch program, please contact us:
08 8234 7255
Road Watch groups are required to report on their clean-up activities using one of the forms below.
Road Watch – Adopt A Road Program Survey
Road Watch – Adopt A Road has been operating since 1996. In that time hundreds of volunteers have participated and there are currently over 120 active groups. A lot has changed since the program began and we want to make sure that the program continues to improve. For this reason, we are seeking your valuable feedback. Does the program meet your expectations? Would you like something different? Are you itching to share some constructive feedback? Now is your chance to shape the future of this program by completing the program survey.
- Road Watch Handbook (pdf, 52 mb)
- Incident / Injury Report Form (pdf, 142 kb)
- Media Permission Form (pdf, 52 kb)
- Clean Needle Sharps Collection Program
- Road Watch on Facebook
Please contact the Road Watch-Adopt A Road program coordinator for any first aid training opportunities.
- Nov 2023 RW newsletter (pdf, 1.3 mb)
- Aug 2023 RW newsletter (pdf, 1.8 mb)
- May 2023 RW newsletter (pdf, 1.7 mb)
- Feb 2023 RW newsletter (pdf, 907 kb)
- Nov 2022 RW newsletter (pdf, 1.1 mb)
- Aug 2022 RW newsletter (pdf, 914 kb)
- May 2022 RW newsletter (pdf, 1.1 mb)
- Feb 2022 RW newsletter (pdf, 1.3 mb)
- Nov 2021 RW newsletter (pdf, 906 kb)
- Aug 2021 RW newsletter (pdf, 743 kb)
- May 2021 RW newsletter (pdf, 826 kb)
- Feb 2021 RW newsletter (pdf, 797 kb)