The Copper Coast Council submitted initiatives into all eight Sustainable Community categories for 2021-22, demonstrating a commitment to sustainability as well as community wellbeing and engagement.
This popular tourist destination worked across heritage, environmental and social elements with initiatives such as:
- Kadina & Moonta cemetery wall restoration
- All-year round use hockey pitch
- Bee BnB hotels and workshops
- Master Games
- Moonta Town Hall restoration
- Sand drift planning
- Waste management initiatives
These well-rounded initiatives were rewarded with the community being named the 2021-22 Sustainable Communities Finalist. Congratulations to all involved.