The KESAB Annual Awards event was held November 2016 collaboratively with Sustainable Communities, Wipe Out Waste and NRM Education communities and school participants from across the State.
Awards days highlight the opportunity to recognise the good work and contributions of schools, community groups, councils, businesses, individuals and stakeholders. The following showcase presentations inspired and encouraged the audience:
- Clapham Primary School
- Friends of Port Elliot Dog Park
- Glenunga High School
- Good Shepherd Lutheran School
- Kingston on Murray Primary School
- Maddi Heggarty – Nuriootpa High School and Youth Environment Council (SA)
- Mid Murray Council & Morgan Community Development and Tourism Association
- Mundulla on the Move
- Mypolonga Primary School
- St Anthony’s Primary School (Millicent)
- Star of the Sea Primary School
- Yorke Peninsula Council.
Graeme Hopkins speaks at Place-making Speaker Session
The SA Water team at the EXPO
The Waste and Sustainability Expo was held in conjunction with the KESAB Awards with over 20 exhibitors creating an excellent opportunity for the 300 plus attendees to speak with companies in the sustainability sectors and observe their products, innovations and services first hand.
A “Place-making” Speaker Session covering the topics of creative design and role in transforming spaces delivered by GroundPlay, and a particularly interesting presentation by Graeme Hopkins on how green walls can modify urban climate were well attended.
KESAB extends a special thanks to all exhibitors who participated in the Expo:
- Australian Plastic Recyclers
- Bio Bag
- Early Education for Sustainability SA
- Environmental Protection Authority
- Finding Workable Solutions
- Investigator College
- Local Government Association of South Australia
- Outfront Concepts
- Peats Soil & Garden Supplies
- SA Water
- Sims Metal Management
- Travelling Papermaker
- Yorke Peninsula Council – Walk the Yorke