The Litter Less unit of work is presented as six inquiry questions, separated into three interconnected themes and delivered over 12 lessons.
Below you will find a PDF of the complete unit of work as well as individual theme PDFs and all the resources (activity sheets, charts, images etc.) you will need for each lesson. These resources are provided in PDF and SMART Notebook formats (where applicable). Any interactive resources required can be found in the Interactives section.
- Litter Less complete unit of work (pdf, 703 kb)
- Litter Less - Theme 1: Defining (pdf, 322 kb)
- Litter Less - Theme 2: Understanding (pdf, 396 kb)
- Litter Less - Theme 3: Actioning (pdf, 323 kb)
Lesson 1b: Where is litter found and where does it come from?
Lesson 2: Litter hazards and impacts
- Litter scenario impacts and hazards chart (pdf, 529 kb)
- Litter scenario impacts and hazards chart (SMART Notebook, 178 kb)
Lesson 3: Types of ‘litterbugs’
- What kind of litterbug? (colour) (pdf, 1.4 mb)
- What kind of litterbug? (black and white) (pdf, 959 kb)
Lesson 5: Litter movement in a national context
Lesson 6: Litter movement in a global context
- Great Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch (pdf, 537 kb)
- Great Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch (SMART Notebook, 370 kb)
Lesson 7: Litter break down
- Litter break down cards (colour) (pdf, 3.4 mb)
- Litter break down cards (black and white) (pdf, 663 kb)